Matrutva – make your womb a temple
The creator has blessed you with the magical power of creation. You are in the process of the divine creation or “Srijan” – a new life descending on earth, unbridled joy, happiness and expansion. Pregnancy and childbirth are special events in women’s lives, and, indeed, in the lives of their families. This can be a time of great hope and joyful anticipation.
On the other hand, it also means the beginning of a long wait, anxiety, pain and labor. Though ultimately giving birth is a wonderful, enriching and fulfilling experience but it can also be a difficult experience for the mother and baby if the journey was not pleasant.
Today’s fast-paced and stressful life is causing numerous challenges for expectant couples. Anxiety and information overload are the main causes of suffering, leading to mental and physiological instabilities, which have a significant impact on the child-bearing process. The nuclear way of living, without the guidance and support of elders during this important milestone of life, further fuels a feeling of insecurity and helplessness.
- About 4 million women are affected by gestational diabetes in India, at any given time point.[Gestational diabetes in India: Science and society]
- 23.6% of all babies in Karnataka are delivered under the knife.[Bangalore Mirror news report]
- Every year an estimated 15 million babies are born preterm (before 37 completed weeks of gestation) and this number is rising.[Latest report in Jan 2018]
CAUSE – EFFECT LOOP
- Stress & Anxiety – Unable to cope up
- Lifestyle Issues
- Improper Diet
- Lack of Exercise
- Information Overload
- Nuclear Living
- Swaying away from our rich culture
- Work Pressure & Expectation Mismatch
- Maternal stress associated with -ve life events
- Relationship issues
- Other health related complications
- Pre-term Baby
- Increased chances of C-Section Delivery
- Gestational Diabetes, Hypertension
- Post-partum Depression
- Miscarriage or Spontaneous Abortion
- Birth Defects
- Low Birth Weight, Foetal Distress
- Low APGAR score
- Higher admission to NICU
- NO CHILD policy
- Smoking, Usage of Alcohol and Illicit drugs
POSSIBLE TO HAVE A HEALTHY PREGNANCY AND VIRTUOUS BABY?
Most of us take life as it comes and get victimized by life situations…..and then call it destiny and fate. But in reality, our actions define our future and it is in these moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
“The greatest GIFT you can ever give to your child is to set the “Anchors of Life” when the child is still in the womb”.
Since ancient times it has been known that the child in the womb adopts impressions from its environment and the behavior of its mother and starts getting conditioned. During the past few years, many experiments and researches has been done that explores and explains all aspects of early human development from conception through infancy based on Genetics, Neuro-biology and Psychology. The prenatal and early postnatal stages determine to a very large extent our biological and psychological makeup, therefore provides a unique and best opportunity for the primary prevention of biological and psychological disorders and instead condition the baby with the BEST attributes.
The antenatal classes available today focus mainly on a few breathing patterns along with some basic exercises for the mother. Although these might help in some ways, but the overall motherhood experience and the well-being of the child does not get due importance.
That’s why we designed Matrutva, so that you get nothing less than THE BEST. It is a program designed to elevate the experience of motherhood and make it a momentous journey of a woman’s life.
BENEFITS OF MATRUTVA PROGRAM
This program has highly benefited multitude of pregnant women. The practices and techniques we teach has immense benefits, some of them include:
- Profound positive impact on mother’s well-being resulting in healthy pregnancy
- Increased chances of Normal Delivery
- Shorter labor duration with less pain
- Internally, it strengthens the immune system and detoxifies the body
- Mentally it relaxes the mind and aids in eliminating stress and anxiety
- Produce a healthy, good-looking, intelligent, bright and cultured baby, who will be assured of achieving success, happiness and peace in life
- Helps to Develop a sacred bond between the mother and the child
- Nurture and condition the unborn child at body, mind and soul level
GARBHASANSKAR, CONVERGING WITH SCIENCE
The literal meaning of Samskaras in Sanskrit is “impression”. Sanskaras is the beginning of all pious acts to receive a good, pious and intelligent class of people in our human society. As per our Vedas a child's mental development starts as soon as the child is conceived. The child’s personality begins to take shape in the womb, and this can be influenced by the mother's state of mind during pregnancy because it can hear, feel and perceive through the mother.
Latest research shows a strong correlation of the child’s growth, health and mental states to that of the mother’s lifestyle and thoughts.
According to another study, babies who were stimulated with touch and sound in the womb appeared to be more alert at birth, had better head control and were able to turn their heads in the direction of their parent's voices. Communicating with your unborn baby while pregnant is not just about forming a bond but also about affecting their social and emotional states at birth.
"Create child prodigy by sowing the seeds of “Good Values” in the fetus itself."
BENEFITS OF YOGA DURING PREGNANCY
“Nature meant woman to be her masterpiece.” – says John Ruskin.
During pregnancy, your body undergoes a lot of changes at all levels – be it physical, mental, emotional or spiritual, since you are nurturing another soul inside you.
The yogic practices that we teach here caters at the panchkosha levels. We have different techniques like pranayama, asanas, meditation, deep relaxation techniques, etc.
- We provide personal guidance for your specific health conditions. For example, for severe backache problems, we give specific set of asanas like marjari asana, setubandh asana, etc similarly for leg cramps we teach set of sukshma vyayam.
- Yogic breathing exercises are taught to calm the body and the mind by proper functioning of endocrine system of the body. It relieves stress and anxiety as you are facing a lot hormonal imbalance
- It helps connect the body and mind and above all it increases the prana or the life force energy.
- Benefits include relieving fluid retention in the body, influences the position of the baby, helps in reducing morning sickness, nausea and mood swings, helps in restoring the uterus and abdomen faster, eases breast feeding and list goes on.
You will experience significant changes within you after practicing these yogic practices during your pregnancy. Therefore, let us assure you here that you and your baby are in safe hands.
- 70% reduction in stage 3 labor duration
- 26% drop in C-section deliveries
- Only 31% women needed analgesia
- Average baby birth weight of 3.22 kgs with Yoga
- Increased APGAR score
RESEARCH AND REFERENCES
The Effect of Integrated Yoga on Labor Outcome: A Randomized Controlled Study - https://connect.springerpub.com/content/sgrijc/3/3/165
Effect of integrated yoga on anxiety, depression & well-being in normal pregnancy - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24199979
Effects of integrated yoga on quality of life and interpersonal relationship of pregnant women - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20632115
Fetal learning: a prospective randomized controlled study - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12423478
Emotional responses to music: towards scientific perspectives on music therapy - https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Emotional-responses-to-music%3A-towards-scientific-on-Suda-Morimoto/29327d61bdbce0ad7b299342925938a9b508c927
This program is for expectant mothers between 12 - 32 weeks of pregnancy. Its a 2.5 months journey with you although the association remains to be for lifetime.
- It has 10 sessions spread across 10 weeks (every Sundays)
- The first (1st) and last (10th) sessions are for couples, rest for the lady alone
- 1.5 hrs per session
- These are workshop based/practical, Face-to-Face sessions
- Some practice at home required; precise instructions and illustrations will be given along with some recordings, etc. for the whole week
- Continuous help & support provided
This program is carefully formulated by team of experts by integrating the best modalities to have deep and sustained impact. It includes:
- Seminars, lectures; care for Pregnant woman; Prenatal partner yog/activity
- Garbhasanskar and its importance
- Cleansing meditation to clear all negativity and toxins
- Therapy to align and strengthen the mind-body connection
- Activities to promote brain development of the fetus and balance L&R brain.
- Garbhasanskar raagas and Veda mantras
- Pranayama and other yogic exercises by yogacharya specially meant for pregnant women
- Guidance on Diet and Nutrition
- Deep Relaxation techniques to calm down the nervous system and promote total relaxation
- Programming the foetus through autosuggestions using the power of sub-conscious mind
- Therapeutic Music (to reduce BP, stress, anxiety)
- ‘OM chanting’ at C-pitch
- Meditation and affirmations for peace and inner joy
- Garbhasamvad (art of communicating with the baby)
- Opening up the heart center to express gratitude to the creator and the creation
- Tips and techniques on painless and stress-free delivery
Investment for what matters the MOST – Rs 12500/- .
10 days of commitment for a life-long return.
It includes the entire program cost + welcome kit + recordings (for home work)+ guidance and support for the entire duration.
Venue: Play Arena # 75 Kasavanahalli main road, Off Sarjapur road, Bangalore - 560100
Batch starting - 29th Mar'20 (Sunday)
Disclaimer: This is not a substitute for any medical treatment and please take advise from your medical practitioner for attending the program.